When did you start working in the travel industry?
I first started working in the travel industry with Arena Travel in 1985. I worked as a tour guide and also a personal assistant in the office. I then took time out and had my family and then went back into travel with Fred. Olsen Travel. I have been working in the Felixstowe branch since 2006.
Where would you like to visit next?
I would very much like to visit the Far East. My customers have told me so much about the culture and the history and I feel I would like to experience all of this and the food does sound delicious.
What has been your favourite holiday, which you have booked for a customer, that you would love to take yourself?
Cruising and tour of South America. My clients took 6 weeks to explore South America and it sounded fantastic. Cruising the Amazon sounded unforgettable.
What are your top tips for a cruise holiday?
1) Plan your day trips at the various ports of call.
2) Always check the daily newsletter left in your cabin so not to miss out on any entertainment, talks or events happening on board.
Linda's Top Travel Tips
1) Read about where you are visiting and plan your itinerary ahead.
2) Do not over pack, especially if you are doing a multi centre holiday or touring.
3) Check temperatures and make sure you pack the appropriate clothing.
My favourite holiday destination is Greece. I have spent a lot of summers in Greece with my family and friends and got to experience a lot of the Greek Islands. This is my favourite holiday as it is very relaxing and the Greek way of life is just so simple and perfect.