When did you start working in the travel industry?
I started working as a Travel Agent in 2000 as a school leaver. I always had a passion for travel and seeing more of the world so it seemed a good fit for me, luckily I made the right decision as I am still doing it all this time later and still love it just as much as ever!
What is your favourite Holiday Destination?
This is possibly the hardest question to answer! I love so many destinations for so many reasons but if I have to narrow it down I will give my top 3.
1) The Bahamas, for me, of all the places I have visited and beaches that I have seen this is where I think of as paradise, the sand is white and the sea is turquoise- I also got to swim with pigs, but that is a different story!
2) I love Thailand, this holds special memories for me as it was where my husband and I chose to spend our Honeymoon. We found the culture, the history, the people, and the food fascinating. It is called the land of smiles and that is exactly what I do when I think of my time there.
3) Greece, I have been lucky enough to visit lots of the Greek Islands and always enjoy my holidays there, the people are friendly, the beaches are lovely and there is lots to discover. We always hire a car and go exploring and have had some great adventures.
What is your dream holiday destination?
I would absolutely LOVE to go on a Texas Ranch Holiday. I think it would be great fun to be a cowgirl for a little while and to spend time with real life horse wranglers.
What are the first three things in your case?
1) Believe it or not I usually pack my snorkel and fins as most of the holidays I go on with my husband revolve around the water.
2) My camera! I love to snap away and capture holiday memories.
3) My hair straighteners, no matter where I am in the world these always come with me!
What are your top tips for a cruise holiday?
1) Learn about your ports of call. I always find unique things to do that may not always be offered by the cruise company as an excursion, there are always alternatives.
2) If you like a glass of wine or 2 with dinner always look into the cost of the drinks package as often this will save you money.
3) Wear your tighter clothes at the start of the cruise, do not save them until the end as you will more than likely have gained a few pounds throughout the cruise!
Kerrie's Top Travel Tips
1) Always take a card of the hotel that you are staying in with the address and telephone number with you when you go out exploring, no matter what country you are in and what language barrier there is, flashing a hotel card at a taxi driver will usually be enough to get you back to your hotel.
2) Put a distinctive marking or ribbon on your suitcase! Many suitcases look similar and this will make your wait at the conveyor belt much less anxious!
3) Keep essentials in your hand luggage. I always pack swimwear in my hand luggage in case my suitcase gets lost, that way I can still hit the beach/pool whilst I wait!
I love Thailand, this holds special memories for me as it was where my husband and I chose to spend our Honeymoon. We found the culture, the history, the people, and the food fascinating. It is called the land of smiles and that is exactly what I do when I think of my time there.