The British people may have voted to leave Europe, but it still remains one of our favourite holiday destinations. Countries big and small, far and wide offer so many different experiences that it's possible to return again and again and have a unique holiday every time. You can choose to search for the Northern Lights in the clear skies above Norway; relax on a beach in coastal towns of Spain, Portugal or France; explore historical capital cities such as Berlin, Rome and Dubrovnik. You can explore castles, see where kings and queens once lived, taste some stunning wines or simply dance till dawn. Eat at world-renowned restaurants or sample local fare at street markets and, if you enjoy a tipple, there is no better place on earth to be. From the home of Champagne to the birthplace of beer, there is something for everyone.
Whatever it is you want to do on your Europe holiday, there is a town, city or village made for you. There is so much to do, your only problem will be deciding on where to go.
- The smallest country in Europe is Vatican city. It's just 110 acres in total and has a population of around 800
- Europe includes the smallest and largest countries in the world
- Europe is the second smallest continent by size, but the third largest by population
- The most visited place in Europe is Disneyland, Paris
- Brussels airport sells more chocolate than anywhere else on earth
- A quarter of the Netherlands lies below sea level