Asia is a destination that offers a feast for all your senses. You can see ancient wonders and modern marvels, smell fragrant spices and powerful incense, listen to bustling crowds and the peaceful sounds of nature, taste some of the best and most varied food in the world and feel the spirituality that infuses day to day life on this magnificent continent.
Each region offers a distinct history, culture and travel experience. Your holiday to Asia could take you to the fast-paced and exciting cities of Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo or have you relaxing on breathtaking beaches of India, Malaysia or the Maldives. You could choose to explore ancient landmarks and temples in China, Thailand and Cambodia or experience nature at its finest along the mighty Mekong or in the jungles of Borneo.
A heady mix of past and present, a place where different religions and cultures interact, there are thousands of different experiences waiting for you on your Asian holiday.
- More than 60% of the world's population lives in Asia
- Over half of those people live in either China or India
- Asia is often divided into 6 subcontinents - Central, East, North, India Subcontinent, Southeast and Southwest
- Nepal's Mount Everest is the highest peak in the world at 8,848m. In fact, the Himalayan range is home to nine of the ten highest summits on our planet
- There is a vast range of religions practised throughout Asia. these include Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Taoism, Jainism, Christianity and Shintoism
- Asian elephants are smaller than their African counterparts, something most easily noted in their ear size
- Even though it is the fourth largest country by area, China only has one time zone (China Standard Time)